The Health Economics and Epidemiology Research Office (HE2RO) of the University of the Witwatersrand, based in Parktown, Johannesburg, is an internationally recognized health research group with a focus on HIV and tuberculosis. HE2RO is looking to hire a Fieldworker Supervisor for one of its projects in Mopani District, Limpopo. The position will entail general support for all fieldworker activities.
This position will be based in Mopani District, Limpopo Province, but may require travel within the district (e.g. between Tzaneen and Giyani), as well as travel to the HE2RO office in Parktown, Johannesburg from time to time. Overtime/weekends hours and working in rural areas and/or under-resourced circumstances will be required from time to time. This is a permanent position due to commence 1st May 2017.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with recruitment of fieldworkers.
- Provide general support for all study activities including:
- Training and support of fieldworkers
- Site assessments and site preparation
- Site support
- Develop data collection instruments
- Coordinate and oversee data collection for the pilot and population-based survey.
- Support fieldworker teams in Giyani and/or Tzaneen, including overseeing timekeeping and Human Resources issues.
- Ensure that study protocol is followed and that procedures are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Work with research staff to monitor and ensure data collection, capture and management, including data cleaning.
- Ensure that data quality is maintained.
- Work closely with the HE2RO team, specifically the intervention team.
- Provide regular feedback and summary reports to Fieldwork Manager and other research staff.
- Coordinate with study stakeholders.
- Assist with preparation of progress and funder reports.
- Previous experience working with fieldworkers and/or teams.
- Fluent in Shangaan, Venda and/or Sotho.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- 1 year research work experience or substantial relevant academic experience.
- Experience in public health, low resource settings and academic research (human research study design and statistical analysis) will be advantageous.
- Expertise in a working with data for reporting will be advantageous.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to multitask and make decisions independently.
- Code 8 Drivers license.
|Closing Date||01 January 1970|
|Mopani District, Limpopo|
|Detailed Job description|
Receive newsletters and keep up to date with developments at HE2RO.