We seek a dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated data manager/analyst to head up our data unit. The successful applicant will manage a data management team and systems to provide technical support for ongoing and new retrospective and prospective studies aimed at improving access to and delivery of health services for HIV, TB and other public health challenges. HE2RO is an internationally recognized health research group which works on issues of public health importance, including a strong focus on HIV and tuberculosis. HE2RO seeks to build the evidence base to improve the health policies and programs in South Africa and the region. We collaborate on policy relevant research with Boston University, the Clinical HIV Research Unit, and other national and international organizations. For more information visit our website at www.heroza.org.
Responsibilities and Duties
Providing overall technical and administrative leadership and strategic vision to the data unit. Core duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible and accountable for setting and advancing data management strategies in line with the organization’s strategic plan and direction.
- Develop and sustain appropriate management structures for the unit.
- Maintain current working knowledge of local public health data systems and facilitate access to routinely collected data as required by the organization.
- Provide technical input into research tool and database design.
- Create and maintain large study data sets.
- Manage large clinical databases, including data cleaning and construction of analytic data sets.
- Provide data management technical support, including data analysis to principal investigators as needed.
- Develop and implement data management workplans.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all data related SOPs.
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders to facilitate data sharing in accordance with data sharing SOPs.
- Provide input into development of quality assurance procedures for the organization in accordance with ethical and GCP requirements and SOPs.
- Provide quality assurance to studies and ensure that study protocols are adhered to.
- Train data capturers and other data support staff.
- Supervise data management staff.
- Provide other tasks and contribute to organizational management as needed.
- Masters degree in data management, statistics, or a related quantitative or analytic field.
- Minimum 5 years data management and data quality assurance experience in a research environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading large teams.
- Expertise with data management software and data analytic skills.
- Experience in using various research methodological designs.
- Experience training and supervising data staff.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good administrative skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Code 8 Drivers License.
|Detailed Job description|
Receive newsletters and keep up to date with developments at HE2RO.