We seek a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated quantitative researcher to be part of our health economics research and implementation science portfolio. This portfolio focuses on the costs, cost-effectiveness, and benefits of healthcare interventions, health financing and health systems, and other priority public health challenges, with opportunities for both primary data collection and mathematical modeling. Successful applicants will develop and lead studies and analyze and publish data that contribute to the evidence base for improving access to and delivery of health care services and population health.
The position is based at HE2RO’s head office in Johannesburg but may require travel primarily within Sub-Saharan Africa, and possibly globally. Overtime/weekend hours and working in rural areas and/or under-resourced circumstances will be required from time to time. This is a full time position.
Applicants should email a cover letter and CV to [email protected]. HE2RO will only respond to short listed candidates. The closing date for this position is 31st October 2019. Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications unsuccessful. HE2RO reserves the right not to fill this position should it deem it necessary not to. This position will remain open until filled.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to research development, design, and implementation including writing research protocols, SOPs, designing research tools and obtaining relevant ethics and site approvals.
- Data collection and management, including: 1) developing tools for data collection; 2) creating data entry databases and working with data capturers to collect high quality data; 3) organising and conducting data monitoring; and 4) creating analytical datasets.
- Conduct economic evaluations on the datasets including cost analysis, budget impact analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis and health financing.
- Manage training logistics independently. Develop materials and train the research team on the requirements for the study with guidance from senior researchers.
- Working with senior researchers and principal investigators on the development of original research manuscripts and abstracts for publication and presentation.
- Working in an interdisciplinary team environment with other health professionals.
- Masters degree in economics, health economics, public health or related quantitative field.
- Minimum 3-5 years research experience or comparable professional experience.
- Expertise with data analysis software (e.g. SAS, STATA).
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in using various research methodological designs.
- Good administrative skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel internationally (primarily within sub-Saharan Africa) for 1 to 2 weeks at time.
- International work experience beneficial.
- Code 8 Drivers License.
|The position is based at HE2RO’s head office in Johannesburg but may require travel primarily within Sub-Saharan Africa, and possibly globally|
|Detailed Job description|
Receive newsletters and keep up to date with developments at HE2RO.