The Health Economics and Epidemiology Research Office (HE2RO) of the University of the Witwatersrand is recruiting for multiple Study Interviewers to be based in Mopani, Limpopo Province. The Study Interviewers will conduct interviews with caregivers at households, following study protocols and complying with all consent and confidentiality procedures. These are fixed term positions from 1st July 2017 to 31st October 2017. The positions will require daily travel throughout the district as well as occasional travel to the head office in Parktown, Johannesburg.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct interviews with caregivers at households in Mopani district, Limpopo using data collection tools including questionnaires.
- Ensure that study protocol is followed and that procedures are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Work with research staff to monitor and ensure data collection, capture and management, including data cleaning.
- Ensure strict compliance with informed consent and confidentiality procedures.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all data collected at households.
- Ensure that data quality is maintained.
- Work closely with the HE2RO team, specifically the intervention team.
- Provide regular feedback to research staff.
- Work independently in the field.
- Matric certificate required; diploma and/or degree are desirable.
- At least one year experience as a data capturer/interviewer/fieldworker.
- Fluent in local languages (i.e. Xitsonga and Sepedi).
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Experience in public health research or low resource settings will be advantageous.
- Experience in using electronic data capturing tools for data capturing will be advantageous.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to manage and maintain good relations with both participants and fellow team members.
- Knowledge of Giyani and/or Tzaneen
- Willing to work flexible hours (e.g. late afternoons)/overtime/weekend hours) conducting household interviews.
- Code 8 Drivers license will be advantageous.
|Mopani, Limpopo Province|
|Detailed Job description|
Receive newsletters and keep up to date with developments at HE2RO.