For up to date information regarding COVID-19 in South Africa, please visit sacoronavirus.co.za
Discordance Between Patient Self-report and Clinician Record of Adverse Drug Reactions to Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis Treatment in Johannesburg, 2015 – 2018
- DR-TB is a threat to global tuberculosis prevention, control and treatment programs.
- Treatment is complicated by adverse drug reactions (ADRs) to second-line TB drugs.
- An adverse event is any undesirable experience associated with the use of a medical product in a patient.
- There is a lack of data on the discordance between patient self-report
Uptake of HIV care among pregnant women living with HIV before and after Option B+ policy implementation in South Africa
South Africa has the largest number of people living with HIV globally, with 4.7 million women ≥15 years old living with HIV as of 2018.1
The country is targeting but has not achieved elimination of mother-to-child HIV transmission. The national estimate of early HIV transmission was 2.6% in 2012-2013.2 South Africa’s policy for providing ...
- About 210,000 new HIV infections in South Africa in 20211
- An HIV incidence of 6.90 per 1000 population among adults 15-491
- Total new infections (globally) having declined by just 31% since 2010 far short of
the 2016 UN General Assembly target of 75% for 20202
- Key populations (KPs) and their sexual partners are
Reference NumberSOMPOSTDOCSHAHAUG2022Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) seeks a postdoctoral candidate to work at Somkhele on Thetha Nami ngethethe nawe, an exciting step-wedge trial of peer-led social
- HE2RO is not currently offering any courses. Please keep checking back on the website for updates
Stay up to date
Receive newsletters and keep up to date with developments at HE2RO.
We are pleased to announce that we are now able to share the reports on the projections of the National Covid-19 Epi Model to which...
HE2RO has been awarded a new 5-year Co-operative Agreement from USAID. This new program, the HIV/AIDS Economics and Research Activity, called EVIDENCE will run...