Position: LEVEL 1 RESEARCHER
We seek a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated quantitative mid-level researcher to be part of our health economics research and implementation science portfolio. This portfolio focuses on the costs, cost-effectiveness, and benefits of healthcare interventions, health financing and health systems, and other
priority public health challenges, with opportunities for both primary data collection and mathematical
modeling. Successful applicants will assist senior researchers to develop studies and analyze and publish
data that contribute to the evidence base for improving access to and delivery of health care services and
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to research development, design, and implementation including writing research protocols, SOPs, designing research tools and obtaining relevant ethics and site approvals.
- Data collection and management, including: 1) developing tools for data collection; 2) creating
data entry databases, working with data capturers collecting high quality data; 3) organising and
conducting data monitoring; and 4) creating analytical datasets.
- Conduct economic evaluations on the datasets including cost analysis, budget impact analysis,
cost-effectiveness analysis and health financing.
- Develop cost and outcome HIV models using Microsoft Excel and create automated user-friendly
interfaces and modeling results within Excel using Visual Basic
- Manage training logistics independently. Develop materials and train the research team on the
requirements for the study with guidance from senior researchers.
- Work with senior researchers and principal investigators on the development of original research
manuscripts and abstracts for publication and presentation.
- Honours degree in economics, health economics, public health or related quantitative field.
- Minimum 3-5 years research experience or comparable professional experience.
- Expertise with Excel using Visual Basic and data analysis software such as SAS or Stata.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in using various research methodological designs.
- Good administrative skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel internationally (primarily within sub-Saharan Africa) for 1 to 2 weeks at time.
- Code 8 Drivers License.
|32 Princess of Wales Terrace, Parktown|
|Detailed Job description|
Stay up to date
Receive newsletters and keep up to date with developments at HE2RO.