We seek a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated quantitative Researcher (Level 1) to be part of our health economics research and implementation science portfolio. This portfolio focuses on the costs, cost effectiveness, and benefits of healthcare interventions, health financing and health systems, and other priority public health challenges, with opportunities for both primary data collection and mathematical modeling. Successful applicants will assist senior researchers to develop studies and analyze and publish data that contribute to the evidence base for improving access to and delivery of health care services and population health.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to research development, design, and implementation including writing research
protocols, SOPs, designing research tools and obtaining relevant ethics and site approvals
- Data collection and management, including: 1) developing tools for data collection; 2) creating
data entry databases and working with data capturers to collect high quality data; 3) organising
and conducting data monitoring; and 4) creating analytical datasets
- Conduct statistical analysis of study datasets
- Disseminate research findings to relevant stakeholders and academic conferences
- Manage training logistics independently. Develop materials and train the research team on the
requirements for the study with guidance from senior researchers
- Working with senior researchers and principal investigators on the development of original
research manuscripts and abstracts for publication and presentation
- Working in an interdisciplinary team environment with other health professionals
- Acceptance into an Honours or Masters’ degree program in epidemiology, public health or
related quantitative field.
- Minimum 3-5 years research experience or comparable professional experience.
- Expertise with data analysis software such as SAS or Stata.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in using various research methodological designs.
- Good administrative skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel internationally (primarily within sub-Saharan Africa) for 1 to 2 weeks at time.
- International work experience beneficial.
- Code 8 Drivers License.
|32 Princess of Wales Terrace, Parktown|
Stay up to date
Receive newsletters and keep up to date with developments at HE2RO.