We seek a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated quantitative senior researcher to be part of our health economics research and implementation science portfolio. This portfolio focuses on the costs, costeffectiveness, and benefits of healthcare interventions, health financing and health systems, and other priority public health challenges, with opportunities for both primary data collection and mathematical or geospatial modeling. Successful applicants will develop and lead studies and analyze and publish data that contribute to the evidence base for improving access to and delivery of health care services and population health.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement and oversee all aspects of projects including developing important policy relevant questions that
can be answered using research approaches.
- Conduct economic evaluations including cost analysis, budget impact analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis and
- Conduct (and combine, where relevant) geospatial, cost, and disease modelling techniques to derive insights from the data.
- Present scientific findings at research conferences, publish in peer-reviewed journals, and disseminate findings to other stakeholders such as research networks, universities/academic institutions, government departments, funders, the community, and media.
- Write research and funding proposals and obtain funding.
- Supervise, manage and train research staff and study teams.
- Perform other tasks and contribute to organizational management as needed.
- Doctoral or master’s degree in health economics or a related quantitative field.
- Minimum 5 years research experience or comparable professional experience.
- Experience implementing and leading independent projects and managing study staff.
- Expertise with data analysis, programming and modelling software.
- Expertise in health economics modelling desirable.
- Knowledge of health systems and health financing.
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills, with a relevant publications record.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- If not a South Africa citizen, the candidate should be eligible for a work permit in South Africa.
|32 Princess of Wales Terrace, Parktown
|Detailed Job description
Stay up to date
Receive newsletters and keep up to date with developments at HE2RO.